Saturday, July 21, 2007

Peace Be With You.

I many times thought peace had come,
When peace was far away;
As wrecked men deem they sight the land
At centre of the sea,

And struggle slacker, but to prove,
As hopelessly as I,
How many the fictitious shores
Before the harbor lie.

-Emily Dickinson

Oh the search for inner peace! The Lord said, "in this world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Poor Miss Dickinson. I love her for her "struggle." But, I do not believe that Peace is a harbor in the distance. It is a feeling you can choose...regardless of circumstance.

We are all so different, maybe only some of us have the ability to choose Peace...like playing the piano. I am greatful to God for the ability to choose inner peace. And, I wish it for all the world. I believe we will all have it someday...maybe in the next life.

No comments: